Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Classic Summer Beauty: For the Love of Pinks and Coral

The cherry blossoms have come and gone, the trees are turning green and that can only mean that summer is right around the corner! Woo hoo!  I like to use spring to experiment and get my beauty regimen ready for the summer.  This year, the warmer months are bringing in new hues of blues, greens, yellows, golds and neons to add to the traditional bright summer colors.

As the lazy days of summer vacation are far behind and I now have to work through the summer, I like to stick with colors that compliment my tan skin tone and highlight that bronze summer glow.  So, while I experiment a bit with loud fashion-y summer colors each year, my particular favorite look for the summer is a classic for every year and withstands the colors in trend.

After a couple of years of experimenting, I've come to love pinks and corals, which come in a variety of shades that compliment any skin tone and come in bright enough hues to favor the summer months!

The minute the warm weather hits, I pull out my box of nail polish and sort through my summer staples.







My absolute favorite summer color is this orange-y coral polish by O.P.I. called cajun shrimp, located on the left in the middle above.  Here's a better look at that one!







Corals and pinks, especially when combined, just scream summer yet still are appropriate for work. Sticking to corals and pinks in your nails, lips, eyes and cheeks brings a natural summer glow to compliment any skin tone and creates a classic summer beauty look.  Don't forget the bronzer!



Lancôme blush
$30 - lancome-usa.com

Jack Wills lip gloss
$13 - jackwills.com

Christian Dior nail lacquer
$23 - nordstrom.com

Sparkly nail polish
$6 - jacob.ca

Sunglasses
£16 - debenhams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment