Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Great Looks for a Daytime Gathering

The warm weather and flowers blooming has put me in the mood to put together some cute dressy and dressed up day to night looks for the spring/summer months.   While I created these looks with specific occasions in mind like a summer wedding, a brunch date, a gathering with girlfriends etc., they are versatile enough for numerous occasions, and not just in the daytime.

Spring and summer often evoke a casual vibe so I always like to find looks that are a bit more casual but can be dressed up with shoes, bags and jewelry!

Because these looks do not include a list of items with information on where to get them,  you're welcome to click on the collage you are interested in and will be redirected to my Polyvore.com collage page in which the items are listed.




As you can see above, I picked out two of the coral color blocked dresses from the color blocking post to put together a sweet look for a summer wedding.  Actually my sister gave me this idea when she saw the color blocked dresses post and found a great dress to wear to a summer outdoor wedding in the Catskills.   Add in nude wedge heels, a nude shawl for the evening chill and a neutral bag in a black or nude, and you are the most stylish and put together guest at that wedding!  Thanks for reading sis! 

Check out the second look with the color blocked dress and nude accessories.  I love pairing it with some simple gold studs and a bright but not matchy cuff.  This look is effortless, put-together and right on trend for any of the more dressed up events.  You can even change the pumps out for nude or neutral flats or sandals to attend a summer outdoor concert, as we have in D.C. with the Jazz in the Garden concerts where the National Sculpture Garden holds free concerts every Friday evening in the summer time.  They also include food and sangria for a price.  It is a wonderful way to get together with friends after work and start a relaxing weekend off right!

I loooooved that mint peplum skirt so I had to build and outfit around it.  According to Vogue Magazine, which I now get for free (more on that later), mint was in for the spring!   I can see this color transitioning into summer by adding a bright coral/orange blazer.  I also love the neutral aspect of the gold foil floral tee and the nude mary jane pump.  This outfit could do double, triple, or even quadruple duty being appropriate for work (at least in my business casual environment), going out on the weekends, dressed up for a date or even to a casual outdoor summer wedding!  As I said earlier, I just LOVE that skirt!

I also love the look of cobalt blue and yellow, however, as the model in that still also paired her look with red heels I thought that was a bit too much of the primary colors, which are so bright on their own that only Snow White could pull off the yellow, blue and red look!  Actually, I know this from practice as I planned to dress up as Snow White for Halloween (insert irony here because my skin is so tan!) and those colors DO NOT WORK for anyone!  Trust me, it's better in a picture than on a person. My roommate at the time, who was a lot closer than myself to the Snow White's skin tone wouldn't even try that costume on!  But I digress.  I love the short sleeve blue dress from Anthropologie.  A friend of mine had actually tried this on a couple of months ago when we went shopping there and I tried so hard to convince her to buy it because it was so fitting with her personality and style, it was interesting because of the woven-like texture of the material, and so sweet because of the flattering shape.  Paired with a yellow blazer and yellow wedge heels, blue-toned bangles, and a gold bag or earrings and one is ready to hit the town for any dressy occasion.  Dinner at Blue Duck Tavern or 1789 anyone? 

The floral dress paired with the bright red heels can be a sweet look for a trip to the Kennedy Center, a nice dinner date, or even a summer wedding look.  I love that the floral pattern is really prominent on the dress and then picked up in the shoe and accessories.

Finally, I found an adorable nude colored dress and paired it with colorful accessories and a bright green cropped blazer for a sweet summer lunch date look that could also work as a cute casual date night outfit. How about that House of Harlow necklace? AAA-mazing! Who knew Nicole Richie knew her stuff with accessories? 

What do you think of these looks?  Are there any favorite summer looks that you would include for a dressed up occasion in the upcoming warmer months?  



No comments:

Post a Comment