Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorites: Inspired by the Sea

It's been a while since my husband and I have devoted time to furnishing our home and, after moving in last year,  we're about half way done.  We've taken a break since buying our dining table earlier this year.

Although many of the rooms still need furniture, there is also a lot of decorating to do!   I assume this is just going to be a long process since we have to figure out what works, find  things we really and truly like and save up the money to buy them.

To get some inspiration for our blank spaces I turn to Pinterest and Polyvore as well as some home DIY blogs and catalogs from furniture stores like Pottery Barn, Arhaus, Ballard Designs and Crate and Barrel.  I just love how put together the rooms look in photos!  I absolutely wish I could emulate that in my own home.  Unfortunately my attempts don't always come out as I expect.





Cats not included in decor.


As you can see, there are blank walls, the centerpiece needs work and, although I love the pillows, there could be some updates in the future.

In the meantime, while looking for inspiration I came across some of the sweetest looking sea-inspired items, including the driftwood mirror below, the white coral inspired mirror, sea glass bathroom accessories, the capiz shell chandelier, river rock filled candleholders and those cute glass fishies vase fillers.  I am absolutely digging this ocean blue color scheme with the white and brown/wood accents, which really stand out.  By far, one of my favorites in the collection below is the glass fishies vase filler from Crate and Barrel!   I think the cats will even love those!

What do you think of sea inspired accessories?  Is there anything below that calls out "must have!" or "buy me!" to you?



Favorite Furnishings: Inspired by the Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment