Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Favorites: Cravings for the Fall

I've been seeing and hearing more and more about fall gear in magazines and on television and, while I'm not ready to leave summer yet, I thought I'd check out what is out there for myself.

There are a lot of cute things in store for us in the upcoming months so it was really hard to narrow down my absolute favorites but with some effort, I've managed to make do. Below are pieces I would put into my fall wish-list.  The first and foremost being the purple and olive BCBG dress. The colors read fall but the style can be taken into a warmer season.  Also for fall, peplum is not going anywhere so I may actually have to get a peplum dress after all!  I also love the peplum blazer style so I had to include that in my collage as well.

Mustard and cobalt are also big colors in the upcoming season.  The cobalt blue skirt below reminds me of the one in the Zac Posen post I did earlier, this skirt even has a wavy texture like the one in his Fall 2012 collection, but for much less!  The mustard cross body bag would also be a great piece to add to a fall wardrobe if you're not looking to expand your clothing collection at this time. 

Loafers and collar necklaces are also a big fall trend in the upcoming season.  I haven't tried either of these yet but I'm willing to work this look on an experimental basis.  The collar necklace is replacing those statement necklaces we are all so fond of but don't worry, I have the feeling the statement necklace isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The purple/blue blouse is also something I haven't seen before but I'd love to get a few longer sleeved blouses for the fall.   This one just called out to me as being very chic and flattering on many body types. And that color is gorgeous!

Finally one of my favorite looks for fall is these maroon skinny jeans, flat boots and grey cozy top.  And yes, skinnies and colored jeans are going to stick around for a while.  I love tucking them into a cute pair of boots! These Tory Burch boots have been captivating me for weeks!  They are a bit pricey but I love the simple classic look of them.

Whatever looks you love for the upcoming season, pick your very best of the best and work it!  It doesn't take a whole new wardrobe to be fall ready and "in" for the season, just one great piece like a dress, coat, bag, shoe or piece of jewelry can take you there without breaking the bank! Pick out your own fall favs and rock them out with your own flare!



Fall Favorite Round-up


BCBG Max Azria pleated dress
saksfifthavenue.com


AX Paris cap sleeve dress
$48 - axparis.co.uk


MARELLA long sleeve crew neck shirt
$240 - houseoffraser.co.uk


Dorothy Perkins lace back shirt
dorothyperkins.com


Peplum blazer
$35 - pilotfashion.com



Patterned skirt
allyfashion.com



Flat heels
topshop.com


Rebecca Minkoff genuine leather handbag
$155 - oxygenboutique.com


Sequin necklace
topshop.com



No comments:

Post a Comment