Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Recreating Zac Posen Fall 2012 For Less

So I saw this Zac Posen Runway Show look for his Fall 2012 line and I just loved the idea of mixing the feminine flouncy skirt with a tweed fitted blazer in that feminine meets menswear type of style.  As you can see from the model below, who's mouth is open in a weird way (why is that considered model-y to pose like a fly trap?), the full skirt is also in a gorgeous blue jewel tone and a texture to top it off, adding to the richness of the look. 

While I could hardly find an exact match for this, I thought that a cobalt blue dress with full lace skirt would work really well, topped with a fitted black tweed blazer and black scarf.  Check out the results from my search below.  In this Polyvore collage, I paired this lace dress with a fitted bodice and full skirt (I love that tulle detail coming from underneath the skirt!) with a basic fitted black tweed blazer.  Although you can pair this with a cute black doctor's bag or hobo and a pair of basic black pumps, to add a bit of edge to the look I added in some studded booties -- perfect for the fall -- and a cute embellished clutch.  I wish I could wear this look out somewhere right now.  And then I remember I'm totally trying to save money, which is why shopping for whole new outfits isn't in the budget right now. *Sigh*  But a girl can dream right?  Putting looks together online and using Pinterest to create a virtual wishlist of everything I love online helps take the edge off of not shopping for the fun stuff as often. 

What do you think of this look?  It's not necessarily something I would normally wear all together but I am really loving how it all works!

Are there any Fall 2012 looks you're dying for right now?  I'm also eying the purple trench coats  and pea coats I've seen!  More on those a bit later!



Recreating Zac Posen Fall 2012 For Less


River Island cocktail prom dress
$110 - riverisland.com


Joseph tweed jacket
$225 - flannelsfashion.com




Woven scarve
$42 - countryroad.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment