Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winter White

I think this post speaks for itself, don't you? 

In any case, I'll give my two cents on why I love winter whites.  Yes, I am aware of the "rule" that white is only acceptable between Memorial and Labor Day, but doesn't that seem, um... a bit antiquated these days?  Especially when white, especially all white, looks so good during the cooler months!  Ever since J.Lo. (a.k.a. Jennifer Lopez) wore the white wool Dolce & Gabbana coat in the movie "Maid in Manhattan" I just swooned and have been enamored with white coats ever since, not to mention white outfits!  Just this morning a saw a girl in a white puffy coat and white pants and was again awed by how much I love this look!  It's amazing really, how you can dress up a look with pairing items within a single color family. 

Check out my take on keeping warm while looking cool in the Polyvore collage below!  I think every woman should own at least a pair of white pants of some sort.  Whether they be capris or linen pants for the summer or a beautifully tailored trouser that you can rock in the cooler months, this look is always an eye-catcher. I'm a huge fan of the white wide leg pant.  I'm not sure why but it just adds luxury to an outfit without having to try so hard.  Even adding in beige shoes and a beige bag along with gold (or even silver) jewelry just heightens the ensemble and highlights the all-white look without looking too white, due to those accessories.

*Sigh*  That's Amore!  





Winter Whites



Weekend Max Mara white coat
$500 - johnlewis.com


Etro slim fit pants
stylebop.com


High heels
boohoo.com


Quilted handbag
$235 - debenhams.com



Michael kor
pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment