Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Date Night Follow Up

As I mentioned in this post back in September, I was trying to find a great date night outfit and mentioned I'd follow up with what I ultimately put together.  Well, my husband got me an amazing purse as a birthday present that I got to wear out with my outfit!  It was a Louis Vuitton Eva Clutch.  After talking about not getting really big gifts this year since our trip to Europe was our big expense, this threw me for a surprisingly happy loop!  Wow!  I don't think I've ever been that close to such a fancy clutch!  That's also how I got that Louis Vuitton duffel bag, which I used in the packing for the weekend trip post too!  That was another birthday present.  Well, this raises the bar a bit higher for me since I was thinking of a personalized photo album or something for his birthday!  Back to the old drawing board...

Anyhoo, since we were going out to dinner at a really good seafood place that wasn't super fancy, finding an outfit to go with my clutch (naturally working backwards since I had to incorporate the clutch in the styling of the outfit now) was a bit of a challenge. I ultimately settled on a great high/low (high end and low end) look that left me feeling lovely and chic!

Here's what I ended up wearing out.






The dress is form Dorothy Perkins online and was under $30!  What a steal!  The shoes are by Oh Deer! and I bought them online, I think on overstock.com actually.  I love the color on them and the bit of edge they have with the criss-cross (Jump! Jump!) front and the little cut-out detail in the heel. (Sorry, but I just loved that song from Kris Kross and had to incorporate in that last sentence!) Oh yeah, those are sparkly turquoise toenails courtesy of Sally Hanson Nail Polish Strips! Love them!

Because I ended up loving this outfit so much I put together another high-low styled date night look on Polyvore and I love the results. You can see the same Louis Vuitton clutch paired with a dress from Dorothy Perkins.  I added in a cropped leather jacket which is so hot this season and some ankle booties.  How do you like this look?  Does it look a bit similar to the one I put together?  One of my favorite things to do is mix a really nice, high end piece with some of my basic low end clothing.  Diversifying your wardrobe is always key!  Make the most of what you have.  The high end piece can really elevate the entire look but you can also use affordable pieces and achieve the same effect.  Polish comes from how things are put together, not what they cost, and that's what I love about it!  Anyone can look polished!

Oh and if you were wondering about dinner, we went to a place called Black Salt.  The food was excellent! It's got a seafood market in the front, a bar just behind that and a formal dining area in the back.  Most people were dressed pretty casually so dressing up is not a must.  I highly recommend it if you're in DC and love seafood!


Mixing High and Low, Hard and Soft

No comments:

Post a Comment