Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Neutrals with a Pop of Color

Now that fall is in full swing, I'm really into putting together outfits which I would love to wear this time of year.  Today's outfit is one of those super cute but comfy looks I'm pretty fond of.  I love combining cream, tan and brown neutrals together and these work really well in the fall season.  This color palate has a richness to it (particularly creams and tans paired together) such that, if you wore a more casual outfit, you would still pull off a very chic look.  In this case, I paired a not-so-classic plaid skirt with an over-sized cream sweater, black and brown boots, a brown toggle button peacoat and added in a pop of color with the orange purse.  The black in the boots pairs well with the black details in the plaid skirt and the toggle buttons in the peacoat.  I would not, however, have paired an entirely black boot with this outfit so I really love the brown buckle detail wrapped around the ankle and across the top of the shaft in the back.  I loved it so much I actually bought these boots a few weeks ago and knew they would go well in this style collage! And yes, they are super cute and comfy -- my favorite style match! Also note the orange purse picks up the orange-y/reddish color from the skirt.  From my view, the plaid looked to incorporate an orange so I paired the look with an orange purse, but if you find, on closer inspection, that the skirt actually has some red, go ahead an pair a red purse with this look instead!  Since I tend to get cold easily, I might even add in a pair of dark brown, black or grey tights!

How do you like this look?  Are there any fall looks out there you're dying to emulate?

  Fall Neutrals with a Pop of Color


Scoop neck top
sheinside.com



Rag bone mini skirt
$210 - theoutnet.com



Kimchi blue
urbanoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment