Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summery chic




As you may have noticed, I've been a bit MIA from blogging in the past couple months.  Mainly because I was so tired from work and pregnancy that I had a hard time doing anything at home but catching up on rest!  I promise I have a million and one ideas yet to post here so I have no where near dried up on my material yet.  Although posts might be a little fewer and far between, I thought I'd give you some much awaited for outfit eye candy to get your minds focused on summer wear. 

What can I say about this look except that I love how elegant and simple it is.  Dressed up but a bit casual, this can go from a daytime affair to a night out.  I am totally in love with white pants -- summer or winter -- because they always look so fresh and so crisp!  I definitely don't follow the from Memorial Day to Labor Day only white pants rule, so feel free to rock them out when you want to freshen up your style.  Particularly because there are so many great winter whites, how could you possible neglect white in the winter if you see something cute? Go for it!

I also think the top is elegantly sexy and sophisticated.  Adding in the lemon yellow really brings the summer into it all.  And then I thought, "Oh heck! why not add in some fun pistachio/minty hues in the accessories too?"  So that's what I went for.  Overall I would love to be able to pull this off at some chic daytime event like an outdoor sporting fundraiser or something along those lines.  I also love the model's hair tied back off of her face.  Although I'm a hair down gal, I can really dig how putting your hair up looks cleaner with this type of outfit. 

White pants are one of my favorite summer obsessions, what are yours??



Summery chic


Halter top
fab-vintage.com


Farhi by nicole farhi
my-wardrobe.com


Gianvito Rossi high heels
forwardforward.com




Stud earrings
factory.jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment