Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rocking a Red (Pencil) Skirt

I love the idea of wearing a colored pencil skirt but Kate (Middleton... Ahem! Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge) got me seeing red with her McQueen number last week!  I've never personally gone so bold in my own work wardrobe but I've seen so many chic women on the DC Metro dressed for work in color, including colorful cropped pants and pencil skirts.   When I found this red pencil skirt on Polyvore, I could not resist to build an outfit around it.  It's so bold I didn't want to contrast it with another bold top but I did like this dark grey tee from Anthropologie, and some great black and white open toe heels from Ann Taylor.  Adding in a colorful bag is a great idea because it really showcases the red skirt well and some silver accessories with a hint of turquoise is a perfect final touch.  If you rock this, you'll be super polished to the nines!

The color red is also so bold it evokes a powerful response.  This is definitely a summer work do!  If I wasn't still trying to recycle my closet wardrobe I would run out and grab this outfit pronto!  You could even wear this out to dinner, a party with friends or even out to a play or performance.  The possibilities are numerous!

Rocking a Red (Pencil) Skirt


Anthropologie layering tee
$48 - anthropologie.com

Oasis pencil skirt
$77 - oasis-stores.com

Ann Taylor high heel pumps
$100 - anntaylor.com

Turquoise handbag
$50 - target.com

Silvertone jewelry
kohls.com

Metal jewelry
$14 - sheinside.com

Drop earrings
$10 - sheplers.com

Silver jewelry
$25 - whistles.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment