Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

SAG Awards 2013 Inspi(Red) Carpet: Cobalt Blue Gown

Continuing on my award show favorite looks, I picked out my favorite SAG awards dresses for this year.  Surprisingly, there were three fabulous long blue gowns I loved including Jennifer Lawrence (although that weird dress coming apart thing I wasn't into), Amanda Seyfried and Giuliana Rancic. I even based a style collage based G's look that evening!  Check it out at the end of the post.

On to my top three faves from the SAGs.  My favorite look of the night was Amanda Seyfried's look with her gorgeous Zac Posen gown. The detailing on the bottom, the long necklace and the side swept hair took this from ordinary award show gown to extraordinary!  I haven't seen someone play with a necklace of that length for an awards show, particularly with a strapless dress so she scores extra points for creativity.  The side-swept hair was again, totally on trend it seemed!


From the right hair to the color of the gown, this girl did it right!   Photo courtesy of US Weekly (usmagazine.com).

Next is my girl J. Law. who seems to get this red carpet thing right most of the time. I like the color -- this deep blue gown thing seemed to be the type of dress for this event -- and her hair is side swept and perfect for a formal, but not to uptight style.  The fit of the gown also made this dress really stand out on her.  She knows how to dress her figure and that's half the battle!  Go girl!  P.S. I can't wait to see Catching Fire!



Photo courtesy of US weekly (usmagazine.com).

Third favorite was a hard category for me.  I had to split it between two looks I really liked:  Nina Dobrev and Claire Danes.  Both were simple silhouettes with a pop.  Nina's pop was the color choice and Claire's pop was in that dolman/bat-wing one-shoulder long sleeve.



Photo courtesy of US weekly (usmagazine.com).


 
Photo courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter (hollywoodreporter.com)


They both did a fabulous job!  I know I have to mention that Claire Danes also had a baby recently and looks like she's in fabulous shape, even without the help of her spanx!

Also honorable mentions go to looks I thought were nice and intriguing including Marion Cotillard and Nicole Kidman.  Although, Nicole always dresses like a star, she can't win all the fashion awards!

Here's the style collage I pulled from Guiliana's dress from that night. Enjoy!





SAG Awards 2013 Inspi(red) Carpet: Cobalt Blue Gown


Jason Wu draped dress
net-a-porter.com



LK Designs gold stud earrings
$165 - pret-a-beaute.com




High heel pumps
wholesale-dress.net

No comments:

Post a Comment