Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all are in the mood for a Valentine's day/Grammy Awards 2013 post!  I know I sure am.  Today I combined high and low Valentine's day looks with the Grammys. Why? Because to me there's a common thread between the two.  My favorite look of the Grammys this year by far was Rhianna and her Grammys look inspired my Valentine's day looks! 

Let's discuss the Grammys for just a sec here.  I don't need to analyze a top 3 because really, I was not impressed with most looks.  Maybe because they looked like typical award show looks and by the time you get to the Grammys you're looking for a bit of an edge.  And some people did edge really wrong (ahem! J.Lo!) and some looks fell a bit flat.  Even if the person looked great in a gown, they didn't seem to wow you so much since, by now, you've seen it all before in previous award shows.   A lot of people played it safe but some really rocked it, including Katy Perry, Kelly Rowland, Alicia Keys and my favorite dressed star, Rhianna.  Basically these ladies stepped up there game and looked glamorous with a bit of edge done right.  I absolutely love Rhianna's look though, because she never looked this good, this glam or this put together.  No matter how beautiful she is, she always has a funky hair do or style choice that's always edgy but overshadows her true beauty and this year she just shined in a gorgeous red Azzedine Alaïa dress with a sheer peekaboo mid-drift that was just enough skin not to be raunchy.  She was my one and only favorite look from this night.
Image courtesy of Lucky Magazine (luckymag.com)


Unfortunately Katy Perry's peek-a-boob keyhole was just a bit too big to keep the dress from being a 10! One word for that: WHOA! Were it a bit more keyhole-esque and less open-the-front-door, I think she'd be on top with Rhi Rhi. But I love the color, style and fit on her.  And her hair is lovely and simple!


Image courtesy of NY Daily News (nydailynews.com).


I really think if J.Lo. didn't do the really tight top knot, she'd probably looks a million times better.  That hair just killed me because it looked so uncomfortable like it was pulled so tight! A nice, low, curly side ponytail or half up-do might have saved it a bit, but the dress was just underwhelming itself.  We all know she can do better and has! 



What's the deal with the leg?  Way to high cut.  Image courtesy of Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)



So in honor of my favorite Grammy look by Rhi Rhi, I took the lovely bright red color and found two Valentine's day looks I think anyone would shine in.  The high end look is a bit more pricey but I love the high-low hemline and one shoulder detail and all it needs is a fierce shoe, chunky cuff and sleek clutch to go along with it.  The low look is great for any date, and paired with a mint blazer (throwing in a bit of Katy's Grammy color) this outfit rocks any type of outing from girls night to a casual date to even a nice night out with your significant other!

I'm not sure what my plans are for tonight but I'm sure they'll involve my special someone and spending time together.  Whatever you do this Valentine's, be it going all out or not much at all, I hope you have a wonderful day!

 



Ri-Ri Inspi(red) Valentine's Day Looks


Aqua dress
bloomingdales.com


Forever new
$52 - forevernew.com.au


H m
$39 - hm.com


Nine West high heel
zappos.com


Anne klein shoes
piperlime.gap.com


Studded handbag
$41 - theiconic.com.au


Diane von furstenberg
stefanibags.com


Stella Dot long necklace
stelladot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment